Project page for anyone who wants to collaborate on a geocache for PaxSpace .
Goal: Build and maintain a geocache for PaxSpace as a way to market our makerspace to potential new members.
- Easy to find, located near the front door to PaxSpace.
- Make the cache itself at PaxSpace using tools/materials at PaxSpace.
- Showcase things you can make at PaxSpace in the cache as the trade swag.
- When geocachers sign logbook, ask if they would like to be contacted about membership via email
- Keep flyers in the cache for non-members to take and consider joining.
- 'First Time Finder" award could be one free month membership to PaxSpace
- Make the theme 'maker' related -- e.g. swag you trade should be something you made yourself
- Need to notify local businesses of cache? Increase foot traffic in area could be seen as good or bad.
- Long term maintenance
Name for the PaxSpace Geocache
- The PaxSpace Geocache
Cache Design / Construction
- Perhaps make it look like a somewhat 'normal appendage' of the building itself.
- Aiming for a 'Regular' sized cache - per geocaching.com guidelines
- Simple puzzle to get into cache?
- Have reserved geocache #GC5AH5K
- Cache size: Regular