20180612 - BoD Meeting
From PaxSpace Inc
Board Members Present
Michael Cooper - President
- Nick Clark - Vice President
- Paul Di Biase - Quartermaster
- Bill Jago - Secretary
- Dan Janzen - Board Member
- Elizabeth Lynch - Treasurer
- Ray Fleming - Board Member
We have a quorum (4 or more present).
- 39 (-1)
- 27 Stripe, 12 Authorize.net
- Marshall and Ray visited the Annapolis Makerspace
- Space has lots of meetups
- Met leaders from Annapolis and Unallocated Space
- Potential collaboration and teaming opportunities
Stuff to sell
- Sheet metal brake
- Security cage
- Eye wash station
- Excess computers
- No updates
SoMD Film Festival
- Could use more content suggestions from directors
- Brand recognition
- Ties to events such as Crab Pot
- "Pax" tie to the base may be seen as a positive by some?
- "Pax" name association (Think we ARE the base or FabLab)
- "Pax" may imply that we are funded by base (negative for potential funders)
- Not descriptive
- "Space" vague
- Generic place name
- "[INSERT LOCATION] Makerspace"
- "SoMD Makerspace"
- "Southern Maryland Makerspace"
- "Make SoMD"
- "Unallocated Space"
- "NYC Resistor"
- Other "Maker" terms
- "NOVA Labs"
- "Columbus Idea Foundry"
- "Baltimore Underground Science Space"
- Other categories???
Pros/Cons of a new name: Cons:
- Loss of name recognition
- Things with our name/logo on them
- People think "PaxSpace" is closed
- Unidentified confusion with a new name
- Eliminate base association confusion
- More descriptive
- New marketing drive opportunities
- Float on Slack with membership to get ideas.
- Nick will put together a google doc to start the brainstorming
- Stuff we will need
- Promotional materials
Action Item List
|Backup and update wordpress to fix csv issues||Paul|
We will hold the next BoD meeting on July 10th, 2018.