20151208 - BoD Meeting

From PaxSpace Inc
Jump to: navigation, search


Time, Location

5:30PM, PaxSpace

Prior Minutes

20151110_-_BoD_Meeting

Board Members Present

  • Michael Cooper - President
  • Nick Clark - Vice President
  • Paul Di Biase - Quartermaster
  • Bill Jago - Secretary
  • Jim Shelton - Board Member
  • Dan Logan - Board Member

We do not have a quorum (5 or more present).

Members Present

  • Ray

Meeting Discussions

2016 BoD Elections

  • Dan, Mike, and Jim are up for election
  • Nick will send out an email to see who else is interested in running for BoD
  • BoD will make a decision on adding extra members once we determine the level of interest
  • We will plan to use the same processes and tools for voting as last time.

Airport Space

  • Mike spoke to a non-profit involved with the airport. He is interested in visiting PaxSpace on Thursday. There is the possibility of some sort of partnership or sponsorship of hangar space at the airport in the future.

Crab Pot Site

  • Site is up and running, Mike will review and work with Nick to make edits as needed.

Storage Racks

  • We would like to change the storage rack orientation as previously discussed.
  • It is important to get it done all at once to eliminate downtime in the space.
  • Possibly early January?

2016 Calendar

  • We need to make tentative plans for 2016 events both for planning purposes and to include in marketing materials/events.

Fume Hood

  • Email about the noxious fumes was sent to membership
  • We need to put a fume extraction system on our list of to-do projects

Holiday Cards

  • Should we send out cards to anyone as an organization?

NAWCAD Visit

  • NAWCAD leaders will be visiting PaxSpace on 12-28-15.
  • Need to have a couple people available to help out with the tour.

Library

  • Paul will work with the library reps to schedule some classes that they would like us to teach for them.
  • Possibility for members to provide their services as teachers.

Lighting

  • We should install some sort of automatic lights or night lights in the shop for safety and convenience. It is difficult for people turn off the far end light switches and have to walk to the front.

Summary of Board Votes

Motion Aye Nay Result

Action Item List

Action Assigned to
Call WebFaction about our spam marking problems Paul
Check about getting wood scraps from Tae Kwon Do Nick
Send out BoD election email Nick
Work with library for their class needs Paul

Next Meeting

We will hold the next BoD and member meetings on January 12th, 2016