20151110 - BoD Meeting

From PaxSpace Inc
Jump to: navigation, search


Time, Location

5:30PM, PaxSpace

Prior Minutes

20151013_-_BoD_Meeting

Board Members Present

  • Michael Cooper - President
  • Nick Clark - Vice President
  • Paul Di Biase - Quartermaster
  • Bill Jago - Secretary
  • Jim Shelton - Board Member
  • Dan Logan - Board Member

We have a quorum (5 or more present).

Members Present

  • Ray
  • Dartanyun
  • Marshall
  • Mike P.

Meeting Discussions

Review of some open TODO items

  • Classroom Floors (check w/ Mike)
  • Printer needs to get moved upstairs, needs a belt to fix it
  • CNC Upgrades
    • Possible rebuild?
    • Motor changeouts
    • Boxing up electronics
    • Linear motion changes (new screws, belts, rack+pinion)
    • Anti Racking mod
    • Bottom line requirement to minimize any downtime if we decide to move forward with any mods

STEM Fair

  • Thursday Nov 12, during the day
  • Higher Ed Center
  • Mike P will attend and hand out flyers and raffle tickets for the open house

Tech Center Expo

  • Saturday Nov 14, Forrest Tech Center in Leonardtown
  • 9am-4pm

Clean Up/Movie Night

  • Saturday afternoon at PaxSpace
  • Clean up and organization starting in the afternoon
  • Will order pizza later and flow into the Saturday night movie (Godzilla)

Upcoming BoD Elections

  • Last year's elections were in early January
  • We plan to follow the same voting method as last time
  • Dan, Mike, and Jim are due to be up for election

Open House

  • Raffle
    • Similar setup to last time. Entrants will put tickets in a bucket for each prize
  • Demo Items
    • Paul's new 3D printer
    • CNC running w/ marker
  • Need to set up sign up promotion (10% off 1st month if you sign up at the open house)
  • Need a small amount of fresh snacks

CNC Class

  • Next week
  • Class is full

Christmas Ornaments

  • Getting close to PCB ordering deadline
  • Mike P and Bill will try to continue working the idea

Pi Day 5k

  • Dan B. will check with his contacts
  • Ray will check with others who have setup races
  • Possibly run the race in conjunction with a Spring Open House


Summary of Board Votes

Motion Aye Nay Result

Action Item List

Action Assigned to
Call WebFaction about our spam marking problems Paul
Check about getting wood scraps from Tae Kwon Do Nick

Next Meeting

We will hold the next BoD and member meetings on December 8th, 2015.