20150707 - BoD Meeting

From PaxSpace Inc
Jump to: navigation, search


Time, Location

5:30PM, PaxSpace

Prior Minutes

20150623_-_BoD_Meeting

Board Members Present

  • Michael Cooper - President
  • Nick Clark - Vice President
  • Paul Di Biase - Quartermaster
  • Ryan Blackwood - Treasurer
  • Bill Jago - Secretary
  • Jim Shelton - Board Member
  • Dan Logan - Board Member

We have a quorum (5 or more present).

Members Present

  • Ray Fleming

Meeting Discussions

Open House Planning

Open House Scheduled for July 19th, 11am-5pm

  • Blog post
  • Snacks
  • Raffle details
  • Update class schedule
  • Would like to carve sponsor plaques before open house
    • Bill, Nick, and Paul to identify sponsor logos for CNC cutting
    • Paul will do the CAM so that someone can cut the plaques during the upcoming week.

Wiki

The wiki is still down, Paul needs to do a wiki software upgrade to get it working again

NAVAIR/NAWCAD Science Fair Mentoring

Nick has been in touch with the POC at Pax. We will plan to donate space access and tools to some number of sponsors in return for sponsorship publicity.

Educational Partnership Agreement

Mike has final draft of the EPA from NAVAIR. Everyone can review and Mike will plan to submit it unless there are objections

Workbenches

Workbenches are mostly complete. One more sheet of hardboard is needed to complete the table tops

PaxSpace Cookout

We would like to hold a cookout open to PaxSpace members to meet/great/socialize. Date is TBD.

PaxSpace Marketing

  • Nick got pricing for print ads in various newspapers. It was unanimously decided that the cost outweighs the benefit at this time.
  • Ryan inquired about sign improvements, but hasn't gotten a response. He will ping again.

Crab Pot

  • Mike will work with Paul to set up a crabpot.paxspace.org domain for consolidating prior Crab Pot and future event information.

Summary of Board Votes

Motion Aye Nay Result
Move forward with placing a newspaper ad 0 6 Rejected
Include a quarterly PaxSpace membership as an open house prize 6 0 Approved

Action Item List

Action Assigned to
Purchase 1 sheet of hardboard and 1 sheet of plywood to bring to the space Mike
Email Open House prep checklist to BoD Nick
Inquire about improved building signage Ryan
Check with SMIT etc. about crabpot.paxspace.org subdomain Mike
Develop a PaxSpace marketing plan Nick
Check Crab Pot video status Nick
Provide EPA update Mike
Identify Sponsor Logos to Paul for plaques Nick, Mike, Bill
Begin identifying material on the storage shelf for disposal, sale, keeping Paul
Fix the PaxSpace wiki Paul
CAM the sponsor logos for plaque cutting Paul

Next Meeting

We will hold the next BoD and member meetings on August 11th, 2015