20150623 - Bod Meeting

From PaxSpace Inc
Jump to: navigation, search


Time, Location

5:30PM, PaxSpace

Prior Minutes

20150609_-_BoD_Meeting

Board Members Present

  • Michael Cooper - President
  • Nick Clark - Vice President
  • Paul Di Biase - Quartermaster
  • Steve Hess - Secretary
  • Ryan Blackwood - Treasurer
  • Jim Shelton - Board Member
  • Bill Jago - Board Member
  • Dan Logan - Board Member

We have a quorum (5 or more present).

Members Present

None

Meeting Discussions

Board Member Changes

  • Reviewed bylaws concerning BoD member resignation/replacement.
    • No requirement to replace outgoing members unless outside of the min/max thresholds
  • Mike motioned to accept Steve's resignation as Secretary. Paul seconded.
    • Votes: 6 Aye, 0 Nay
  • Mike motioned to accept Steve's resignation as a board member. Paul seconded.
    • Votes: 6 Aye, 0 Nay
  • Paul motioned to set the number of BoD members to 7. Dan seconded.
    • Votes: 6 Aye, 0 Nay
  • Mike motioned to appoint Bill as the Secretary. Paul seconded.
    • Votes: 6 Aye, 0 Nay

BoD Meeting Schedule

  • Nick motioned to change the BoD meeting frequency to one meeting per month. Dan Seconded.
    • Votes: 6 Aye, 0 Nay

Additional board discussion and work will be planned via email in between board meetings.

Access Control System

  • Currently on hold until Paul gets some available time

Shop Organization/Cleanup

  • Work benches are almost complete
    • Need one sheet of 1/8" hardboard
  • Still need to begin dust collection
  • Still need to better organize tools so that we can start sorting through junk better
    • Need a sheet of 3/4" plywood to begin building french cleats and tool holders

Classroom

  • Nick will paint the remaining classroom walls this week.
  • Need to move as many small form factor PCs to the classroom as possible
  • Network cabling still needs work

PaxSpace Marketing

  • Nick will work on developing a marketing plan
  • Ryan will inquire about improving the signage in front of the building.

Crab Pot

  • Mike will inquire about setting up a crabpot.paxspace.org domain for consolidating prior Crab Pot and future event information.
  • Nick will check on status of video recordings from the event
  • Need to send out thank you notes

Summer Open House

  • Tentatively looking at July 19th for a summer open house
  • We'd like to hold a raffle to give away prizes to attendants and to raise funds
    • Discussion of possible prizes will continue in follow on emails
  • Nick will share his checklist for open house preparations

County Fairs

  • Calvert and St. Mary's fairs are both at the end of September
  • We'd like to participate in at least the St. Mary's and possibly Calvert
  • Need to identify people to lead the coordination of each

  • Paul will generate CNC files to V-Carve an intial batch of wooden plaques

CNC Router

  • There are still issues with the operation of the CNC Router
    • Problem seems to be either G Code sender software or GRBL firmware
    • Bed still needs to be leveled, but can be worked around by orienting the work along the short axis of the bed to minimize errors.

Summary of Board Votes

Motion Aye Nay Result
Accept Steve's resignation as Secretary 6 0 Approved
Accept Steve's resignation as Board Member 6 0 Approved
Set Board of Director's membership to 7 6 0 Approved
Appoint Bill to the role of Secretary 6 0 Approved
Hold Board of Director's meetings on a monthly basis 6 0 Approved

Action Item List

Action Assigned to
Purchase 1 sheet of hardboard and 1 sheet of plywood to bring to the space Mike
Email Open House prep checklist to BoD Nick
Inquire about improved building signage Ryan
Check with SMIT etc. about crabpot.paxspace.org subdomain Mike
Develop a PaxSpace marketing plan Nick
Check Crab Pot video status Nick
Provide EPA update Mike
Email Open House prep checklist to BoD Nick
Identify Sponsor Logos to Paul for plaques Nick, Mike, Bill
Begin identifying material on the storage shelf for disposal, sale, keeping Paul

Next Meeting

We will hold the next BoD and member meetings on July 7th, 2015