20150224 - BoD Meeting

From PaxSpace Inc
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Members Present

  • Michael Cooper - President
  • Nick Clark - Vice President
  • Paul Di Biase - Quartermaster
  • Steve Hess - Secretary
  • Ryan Blackwood - Treasurer
  • Jim Shelton - Board Member arrived 6:18pm
  • Bill Jago - Board Member
  • Dan Logan - Board Member left 6:19pm

Members Present

  • Ray Fleming
  • Mark Sylvan


    • We have a quorum. (5 or more present)
  • Steve called meeting to order @ 5:31pm


Old Business

Contract Templates

No updates

Website SEO

ACTIONPaul to setup website clone for dev work

  • still active


2015 Calendar Schedule

ACTIONNick to work on brochure

  • Mutual Elementary Art Fest - March 5th, 2015
  • Leonardtown Elementary School Science and Technology - March 11th, 2015
  • Spring Open House - April 12th, 2015
  • Stemming - May 2nd, 2015
  • Crab Pot - May?
  • Summer Open House - July 19th, 2015
  • St. Mary's county Fair - September 24th-27th, 2015
  • Calvert County Fair - Sept?
  • Anne Marie Gardens Halloween candy give out - October 24th, 2015
  • Fall Open House - November 8th, 2015
  • Member Christmas Party - December
  • Schedule classes 3rd week each month?
  • PaxSpace Kids
  • Kids Crew
  • Late Night
  • Microcontroller Monday
  • Member Meetings
  • Clean Up Days
  • Southern MD Regional Library Assoc. want PaxSpace to schedule a Blender and Raspberry Pi class. During the work week at daytime.
    • In Paul's court to schedule


Move into the new Space

  • Mike needs detailed plans for wall and stair construction
    • ACTION Jim to provide plans to Mike
      • still waiting on Jim
  • Shop-side closet at bottom of stairs
    • Tentative plan is to use the space as a kitchenette area.
  • Fire egress issues
    • Plan is to incorporate an emergency exit alarm from the classroom toward the shop if necessary.
    • ACTIONMike to check on requirements
  • Electrical work
    • Plan to minimize necessary electrical mods if possible
    • ACTIONMike to check on feasibility of Steve performing mods

Mike got the go ahead for Steve to oversee/do work.

  • Dust collection
    • ACTIONEveryone to research dust collection designs and material sources
  • Timing
    • ACTIONMike to confirm timeline for timeline for accessing the space for modification work
      • Classroom ready to work on by Feb 28th?
      • Bathroom done in 2 weeks?


Crab Pot

  • Still working it.


Check Signatures

  • Ryan and Jim met last week but couldn't complete the changes. They will meet at the bank again tomorrow to retry.


Finances - Treasurer Report

  • Ryan provided report to Directors
    • Still running red


New Business / Open Forum

Adjourn Meeting

      • Meeting adjourned.

Next Meeting

Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015